Paid Internship Opportunity at Ministry of Commerce and Industry, DPIIT: Applications Open!
Paid Internship Opportunity at Ministry of Commerce and Industry, DPIIT
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is a central government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in India. It is responsible for formulation and implementation of promotional and developmental measures for growth of the industrial sector, keeping in view the national priorities and socio-economic objectives. While individual administrative ministries look after the production, distribution, development and planning aspects of specific industries allocated to them, DPIIT is responsible for the overall industrial policy. It is also responsible for facilitating and increasing the foreign direct investment (FDI) flows to the country.
About the Opportunity
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as ‘Interns’.
Applicants pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research from any recognized University/Institution within India or abroad in the following domain are eligible to apply.
- Engineering- all branches
- Management- all branches
- Economics and Development
- Trade, Commerce, and Industrialization
- Computers and Information Technology
- Library Management
At least six weeks but not exceeding three months.
Interns not completing the internship for the requisite period will not be issued any certificate or paid stipend.
Interns would be paid a stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month
A certificate regarding successful completion of the internship shall be issued by the officer to whom the concerned Intern will be attached in a prescribed performa.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants may apply online through the link given on the official website, or through the link given at the end of this post.
- Applicant must also clearly indicate the areas of interest and the period of engagement.
- A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year. The application will be valid for consideration for the entirety of the financial year in which the application is made.
Other Important Note
At the time of joining on selection, the applicant shall be required to submit a letter from their Head of Institution/Head of Department/ Principal, indicating their status in the Institution and “ No Objection” for allowing their students to undergo Internship programme for the proposed period.